Thursday, September 24, 2015

Pixel Building

Over the last 10 years or so I have spend a lot of time online (who hasn't) and I am always on the lookout for interesting graphics. What I have seen though is that things that were popular a few years ago seem to die out when the next new craze comes out - just like in "real" life. One thing that used to be really popular at one time were pixel graphics. I used to fanatically save any picture which would wow me, and there were many!

What I did notice with pixel graphics that sometimes a certain detail could just be copied and pasted to save a lot of time. Bearing this in mind I decided to use as a reference a little picture I had of an office building as there were a lot of repeating details. This the office building that I made:




It may not be one of the prettiest pictures I've made, but I like it nonetheless. And even though I obviously did a lot of copying and pasting, it actually was a lot more work than it may appear at first sight. But it was also a lot of fun!

I really enjoy making pixel graphics, they look pretty cool, and I wish this was still a popular pastime. Shough you know of any pixel graphics sites out there please let me know. And if you want to request a pixel graphic from me, let me know too. I am up for a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment